Monday, May 4, 2009

Weekend Garage Sale Find

Jon and I checked out a few garage sales this weekend and we found this nice table/wine rack.We paid $30 for it, which I think is a great deal. It's painted with a green, antique-looking stain so it looks really nice with the greens in our tile. It replaces an old Ikea shelving unit that we inherited from Neal and Ashley when they moved to Chicago.

The new table is going to hold our new rice cooker, which is a belated wedding gift from one of Jon's friends. We didn't want to keep the rice cooker under our wood cabinets for fear the steam might damage to wood, so the wine rack seems to be a good spot- I'll replace the temporary mat under the cooker with something nicer to protect the wood. The new rice cooker works great and I'm looking forward to trying some of its more advanced features, one of which is an "off" button. I won't miss having to unplug the cooker to turn it off like our old one.

3 comments:

  1. Nice looking wine rack, Kris.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Garage sales are fun. Looks like you made a great find!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that wine rack, what a fun piece for your kitchen!

    ReplyDelete