Saturday, February 12, 2011

Spring Garden

After a long hiatus, I'm back to gardening. My fall garden didn't go well- we had a lot of rain and the lack of gutters (normal in CA) resulted in a flooded bed. Thanks to la Nina though, we're now having a dry, warm spring.  After spending the morning de-weeding the neglected bed I put in the following seeds:

  • Choi Sum (like baby bok choi) from in-laws
    • Pak Choi Mei Qing Choi
    • Gai Lan? The package is in Chinese
    • Te Yu gai lan
    • Hatakena
    • Snow peas from in-laws
    • Purple Dragon carrots
    • Golden Beets
    • Little Finger carrots
    You'll notice a theme with the garden this season. I promised Jon that I'd try to grow some Asian veggies for him. It didn't go so well this fall, so I'm giving it a second go now.  Its definitely an experiment- I'm not totally sure what some of these plants are suppose to look like. It makes weeding a little more adventurous.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment